Reputation is the thing which a man looks out for by trying to pose each and everything, necessary. Bad news, bad photos or bad information about you or your firm may get your image dented. One is careful about the image he creates in front of the world, to showcase. In this age of technology, each and every word said about it spreads like a wild-fire, so it is must for you to know about it.
Online Reputation Management is creating or restoring your image online. You can use Search Engines or tools to filter the most frequently searched engine , ’Google’, such that you/your firm shows on top of the list always, and that too, for accurate information.
ORM is based upon three main principles:
1. Reviews: There are certain questions which you need to consider while reviewing, mainly: what type of image? What are the kinds of bases (customers in case of firm)? How to improve it? What changes need to be done?
2. Representation: How have you presented yourself in market? What type of market are you focusing on? How your reputation needs to be, in order you don’t fall prey to any mischiefs.
3. Reputation: The status of your firm/yourself which you have maintained in this world’s market needs to be looked at. After all, this is what people will look upto.
Online Reputation Management is branding you in front of the social media, which has to be faced, daily. ORM is just not a personal issue. It is a ‘must have’ thing in today’s world. As one of the research suggests that prospects look upto this image to know more about you, if there is lot of content, which is written/against you, then that is surely sad news for you/your firm.
Always there are people who are willing to write/go against you/your thoughts, but this must not take us aback. These people cannot be called critics, but surely there are ways to tackle them. One of the many ways is to do the right things at right place at the right time.These things cannot be undone by anyone, and will always be remembered.
According to one of the survey, there is a list of tools, scribed below:
6. Google alerts.
There are a couple of techniques which help you to build your Online Reputation, viz:
1. Online reputation through blogging,
2. Social networks,
3. Feedbacks from various networks; also, above listed tools can be used. If you have a low OR then it could result tormenting your social image.You can or rather you have to constantly monitor you OR in order to maintain it.