Water is the biggest necessity for all living organism, however, human beings are not immune to harmful substances present in water. We need water to be pure and free from harmful microbes and chemicals. Drinking impure water or unhygienic water can cause chronic or dreadful disease cholera, typhoid fever, diarrhea, dysentery, etc. The only way we can maintain our health is by drinking pure water. This can be done without consumption power with the help of non-electric water purifiers. Non-electric water purifiers are purifiers that effectively remove harmful substances from water without electricity. They are budget-friendly and are easily accessible. Our article provides you a neat description of the advantage and disadvantages of non-electric water purifiers.
ADVANTAGE OF NON-ELECTRIC WATER PURIFIER:
- Non-Electric purifiers are environmental-friendly; they don’t run on electricity or gas.
- Non-Electric purifiers use gravity or water pressure as power for purification of water.
- Non-Electric purifier has a sediment filter that removes sediments from the water.
- Activated carbon water purifier uses carbon or charcoal that removes contaminants, organic compounds or dissolved chemicals like chlorine, pesticide. They can remove bad odor, pollutants, and volatile organic compounds.
- The Candle Filter purifiers are non-electric purifiers come with a candle filter that is easy to use. The candles used in them have minute pores that block any larger size particles from passing by to the cleaner water section.
- Chlorine is a harmful substance that can harm human health can be removed by non-electric water purifiers by using ultrafilters and carbon filters.
- Ultrafiltration water purifiers are non-electric water purifiers that are best proven for the public water supply. They don’t need electricity to operate; with its thin membrane, it can kill viruses, bacteria, and cyst and can filter dust and other particles from water. The ultrafiltration works well with muddy water. They can be used for a longer period of time. Ultrafiltration doesn’t need frequent cleaning or maintenance.
- Non-electric purifiers don’t get affected by power or no power system. Pure water is accessible to you 24*7. Many countries have power cut issues and non-electric purifiers can be a great help in such places.
DISADVANTAGE OF NON-ELECTRIC PURIFIER:
- Ultraviolet purifiers are better than non-electric purifiers in terms of killing microorganisms.
- Activated carbon purifiers need to replaced frequently as contaminants can stick to the surface of carbon and can reduce the purification capacity of the purifier. The time and capacity of activated carbon filters depend upon the granular structure. The filtration can change taste and odor in water.
- Activated carbon purifiers are not very effective in removing microbes from water.
- Non-electric filters cannot remove contaminants like Arsenic and Fluorides.
- Candle filter purification is a non-electric purifier that fails to block microbes present in water. So, it is recommended to boil the water before drinking.
- Candle filters need to be constantly changed at regular intervals to provide you pure water.
The non-electric water purifiers have some drawbacks. However, using them in areas that don’t have electricity or have electric fluctuation is still a great idea.