So far we have read that what is SEO? And why your website needs SEO? Now most probably question in your mind that can I do SEO myself? To be very true the world of SEO is not same as before its complex, but still you can learn the basics of SEO and little knowledge can make a big difference. You can easily find the many things about SEO online for free guides like this. Make notes gathered the SEO information and start practicing with and I hope you are well on your way to becoming a SEO guru. No doubt, you can manage your seo website yourself but as I said that the world of SEO is complex so you must very committed, willingness to learn and complexity towards your website because it helps you to know do you need an expert to handle your website or you can manage it yourself.
Hope you get the answer of your question that can you do seo yourself or not? Another point is that how to do SEO myself? So, I have highlighted 15 points which will help you to promote your website.How to Do SEO of My Website?
1. Become a Student of SEO: before starting the promotional activity learn as much as you can about SEO. Fortunately there are several online guides available same as Speaking Technically and the best part is that it’s free of cost. So you don’t need to pay anything to learn it if you are learning via online.
2. Commit yourself to the process: Search Engine Optimization is not a onetime event. Its algorithms change time to time, So whatever technique you use this year it will not going to work next year. It’s need long term outlook and commitment.
3. Keep Patient: SEO don’t show you result instantly, you have to keep patient it takes several months to show the result especially for newbie who doing business online.
4. Keywords: Any SEO campaign start with its keyword research fortunately there are few free keyword tools are available namely Google Keyword Research Tool, SEMRUSH, Keyword Discovery & WordTracker etc. These free tools help you to know the keywords which people looking more and have good traffic. You can opt out keywords of your choice and can proceed.
5. Set Keywords: After making list of keywords next you have to do set these keywords according to pages.
7. Google Meta Robots: You can following google meta robots
Meta Name=”Robots” Content=”Noindex, Follow”
Meta Name=”Robots” Content=”Index, Nofollow”
Meta Name=”Robots” Content=”Noindex, Nofollow”
Meta Name=”Robots” Content=”Noarchive”
Meta Name=”Googlebot” Content=”Nosnippet”
Why these meta robots stand for?
NOINDEX – prevents the page from being included in the index.
NOFOLLOW – prevents Googlebot from following any links on the page. (Note that this is different from the link-level NOFOLLOW attribute, which prevents Googlebot from following an individual link.)
NOARCHIVE – prevents a cached copy of this page from being available in the search results.
NOSNIPPET – prevents a description from appearing below the page in the search results, as well as prevents caching of the page.
NOODP – blocks the Open Directory Project description of the page from being used in the description that appears below the page in the search results.
8. Use of H1 to H6 tags: I personally use H1 tags most of the places and after that h2 tags. You use other H tags as well depend on the length of the article or content of the page and use of it.
9. Keyword Density in Content: Still content is King in SEO world but it would be great if you use required keyword density in your content if you have stuffed the content forcibly in your content it’s not going to support your SEO anymore. 2-3% of keyword density is enough to promote website.
10. Content Duplication: Whenever you publish any article or writing content for your website please do check is it original or copied from other website. You can check content duplication on http://www.copyscape.com/ for free.
11. Make SEO-Friendly URL: As you are newbie and its difficult for you promote website. So try using your keywords in your URLs and make them seo friendly for instance www.yourdomain.com/seo-guide-onlin.html. It would be great if you use hyphens instead of underscore because hyphens count as space but underscore not.
12. Create Site map: Google spider can’t index pages that can’t be crawled in such case sitemap help spiders to index important pages. If you have a large website and too many pages then create several sitemap pages. Keep each one to less than 100 links. I recommend my client 75 is the max to be safe. You can create sitemap for free from here: http://www.xml-sitemaps.com/
13. Social Profiles: Create social profile for your website like Facebook, Twitter, Google+ & Linkedin as these are popular websites. As there are many more website which related to your business niche where you can create profile for your website and can get visitors and it help to build strong your brand.
14. Google Webmaster: List your website in google webmaster its free tool provided by Google its helps you to know how many pages of your website index by Google, if any technical issue Google facing to index your website it also let you know. You simply need to click here for Google Webmaster Tool.
15. Google Analytics: Its one of the finest tool offer by Google via this tool you can keep track on you website from where visitors comes, from which keyword you are getting maximum clicks or visitors and many more you can simply go to link by clicking Google Analytics.
So, I am going to stop this topic here if you like it please share it on your profile and have any question can ask in comment section.
Few Recommended Posts Related to SEO