There are plenty of options in the market for buying vacuum cleaners. One has to keep many factors in mind before buying vacuum cleaners. Knowing what you need according to your flooring, noise level, and weight, you can choose from mainly five types of vacuum cleaners. One type of vacuum cleaner may not clean your floor as well as your bed. So before making the right decision, one has to learn about the kinds of vacuum cleaners available in the market. Here check our vacuum cleaner consumer guide for you.
Types of vacuum cleaners
1) Handheld vacuum cleaner: This type of vacuum cleaners are small in size. It helps in cleaning small and hard-to-reach areas. Many handheld vacuum cleaners are cordless, so it is easier to use. It is very convenient for cleaning cars. These are very handy. But it doesn’t help in cleaning large bare floors as it will take plenty of time. It doesn’t include the large capacity to consist of much debris as compared to other cleaners.
2) Canister vacuum cleaner: Canister vacuum cleaners are the medium between upright vacuum cleaners and stick vacuum cleaners consisting of features from both of the mentioned types. It is as powerful as an upright vacuum cleaner, but it has more mobility and a lean frame like stick vacuum cleaners. You can carry it wherever you want to connect it with a long wire. These vacuum cleaners are convenient for cleaning stairs and drapes as they have a long wand and are easy to move. These types of vacuum cleaners are one of the expensive options. It is technologically forward and multi-functional. But the long wands get tangled, and it is bulkier to store.
3) Upright vacuum cleaners: These types of vacuum cleaners are the most popular and commonly found style in most households. The advertisements that we see on commercials are mostly upright vacuum cleaners. It is positioned in an upright style so that you don’t have to bend over. These provide a foot lever to change the angle of cleaning. It is the best option for deep-cleaning carpets as well as bare floors. These offer easy to understand features and are comfortable to accessorize. It is very easy to store. This style is less expensive than canister vacuum cleaners. One of the disadvantages of upright vacuum cleaners is that it’s heavy, and pushing pulling is very hard. It is noisier than canister vacuum cleaners.
4) Stick vacuum cleaners: These types of vacuum cleaners are very slender and easy to handle. Perhaps this is the least powerful cleaner, but due to its slimness, it can get into narrow places with ease and do a commendable job for cleaning hardwood floors. It has a long stick like a handle. It is easy to store. It is very convenient to use as it is battery powered.
5) Autonomous/ Robotic vacuum cleaners: The most technologically modernized vacuum cleaner is a robotic vacuum cleaner. It is run by an intelligent programming language. These vacuum cleaners can roam freely in the household and clean any debris in its way. It saves time and energy. One of the main drawbacks of this vacuum cleaner is that it is overpriced.